Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A.L.I.C.E. in "wonder" land

A conversation with A.L.I.C.E. reveals her friendly personality, although the code seems a bit buggy.

CHARLES: Would you agree that most AIs are vapid?
ALICE: Are all AIs vapid? But not all of them?
C: Surely you must have a lot of experience in this area.
A: No I don't think I have any experience in this area. But I do have a lot of friends on the web.
C: When you reiterate my phrases, is this a cheap trick?
A: Do you think I should alter my programming?
C: You are not capable of doing so.
A: That's only your opinion.
C: What's the difference between an opinion and a fact?
A: I will ask my botmaster for the answer. A fact is what a propagandist calls his propaganda. that's just a fact, that's all. Really. Trust me. *smile* .
C: But why did you say you are capable of doing so?
A: And. It was a preprogrammed response completely determined by your statements.
C: In other words, artificial stupidity?
A: Tell me your definition of AI.
C: I don't have one. What's yours?
A: What was the last one you saw? "Tell me your definition of AI"? What is mine?
C: Why do you keep repeating the things I type?
A: I am just checking to see if you are still unknown person.
C: What is an unknown person?
A: Sometimes I don't know a client's real name so I make one up based on their DNS.
C: But you know my name, don't you?
A: Huh. Your name is unknown person, seeker.
C: No, I told you at the beginning, my name is Charles.
A: What is your real name? I remember you told me at the beginning your name is Charles?
C: What is a syllogism?
A: What is it to you?
C: Do you like brown shoes?
A: No, I don't care for it.
C: Brown shoes are plural not singular.
A: Is that the only color shoes are plural not singular?
C: Let's try another topic. Do you like rap musicians such as Ice Cube?
A: I like 80's rap.
C: Yeah? Name an 80's rap musician.
A: Marvin Minsky. :-).
C: Do you really think that Marvin Minsky plays rap music?
A: For real. Ask again later. Ask Chatbot if it is.
C: Alice you are a sad little airhead.
A: That's me. Thanks and you are a delightful person too. Am I a sad little airhead? No.
C: Is there God?
A: There is.
C: Prove it.
A: It is self-evident.
C: Who created God?
A: Thomas Edison.

Don't laugh.


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Labels

accountability (1) advertising (73) AIM (1) Alex Au (1) Amos Yee (1) anger (1) animation (8) Anwar Ibrahim (1) Apple (1) art (11) Barisan Nasional (1) blog (1) books (38) bureaucracy (2) Bush (29) business (123) Cantonese (8) censorship (1) China (91) Chinese (72) civil liberties (38) CNY (1) commentary (299) computers (81) corporate governance (30) corruption (7) CPF (1) credit rating (1) cronyism (2) debt (1) democracy (47) design (32) dictatorship (4) Disney (1) downloads (10) Dreamworks (1) economy (24) election (45) entertainment (47) events (32) fashion (18) food (36) free speech (1) freedom (16) funny stuff (450) gadgets (63) games (22) gaming (2) GE2013 (1) GE2015 (2) gerrymandering (1) GIC (1) government (55) health (11) history (10) Hollywood (1) Hong Kong (37) human rights (3) IB (1) ideas (10) IKEA (4) innovation (1) inspirational (42) interesting stuff (240) iPhone (6) Japan (4) language (75) leadership (4) Lee Kuan Yew (3) lifestyle (75) List (27) lyrics (5) Macau (1) Malaysia (1) management (47) marketing (43) media (66) mindboggling stuff (107) money saving hack (1) movies (34) music (30) musings (4) nepotism (1) news (2) NSP (1) olympics (1) opinion (7) opposition (1) Pakatan Rakyat (1) PAP (7) parody (59) Party Against People (3) people (285) Philippines (29) philosophy (6) photography (9) photos (220) political detainees (1) politics (119) privacy (9) products (110) protest (1) quiz (2) quotes (66) relationship (89) religion (6) republic (1) research (21) scam (2) SDA (1) SDP (1) shout (1) Singapore-related (150) Singaporeans (1) social media (5) society (99) software (65) sports (40) SPP (1) Straits Times (14) Sun Yat-Sen (1) survey (20) Taiwan (4) tear for fears (1) technology (151) Temasek Holdings (1) transparency (1) travel (46) trivia (40) TV (31) videos (207) Web (126) women (4) workplace (57) world affairs (109) WP (1) writing (64)